- Place leaves, and yard debris in large paper leaf bags or open barrels labeled "yard waste" (no plastic bags).
- Yard Waste stickers for barrels are available by calling 617-635-4500 or placing an online service request (up to 2 stickers available per household).
- Tie branches with string, 3' maximum length. Do not put branches in barrels.
- Put barrels, bags and branches on the curb by 7:00 AM on your Recycling Day, between the collection dates listed below.
- Yard waste will not be collected with trash during this period.
- Yard waste in plastic bags will also not be collected.
- Place your yard waste, prepared per the instructions above, on the curb by 7am on your recycling day, throughout the dates indicated below.
The Boston Public Works Department will collect residents' leaves and yard waste once a month on recycling day beginning June 16th and running until September 19th.
Yard Waste Collection will occur during the following weeks on recycling day:
- June 16 - June 20th
- July 14th - July 18th
- August 11th - August 15th
- September 15th - September 19th
Starting July 1st, leaf collection in neighborhoods with 2 recycling days will happen on the first recycling day.