- Place leaves, and yard debris in large paper leaf bags or open barrels labeled "yard waste" (no plastic bags).
- Yard Waste stickers for barrels are available by calling 617-635-4500 or placing an online service request (up to 2 stickers available per household).
- Tie branches with string, 3' maximum length. Do not put branches in barrels.
- Put barrels, bags and branches on the curb by 7:00 AM on your Recycling Day, between the collection dates listed below.
- Yard waste will not be collected with trash during this period.
- Yard waste in plastic bags will also not be collected.
- Place your yard waste, prepared per the instructions above, on the curb by 7am on your recycling day, throughout the dates indicated below.
The Boston Public Works Department will collect residents' leaves and yard waste for 7 weeks on recycling day beginning October 13th and running until November 29th.
Leaf collection in neighborhoods with 2 recycling days will happen on the first recycling day.