Spring Leaf & Yard Waste Collection
Public Works collects 'leaf and yard waste' for 4 weeks in the spring and 7 weeks in the fall. We will be collecting leaf and yard waste on regularly scheduled recycling days. Leaf and Yard Waste Spring 2013 collection will begin April 29, 2013 through May 24, 2013.
REMINDER: Yard Waste will not be collected for two weeks prior to the Spring collection period. Please hold on to your yard waste until collection begins on the week of April 29th.
- Place leaves, and yard debris in large paper leaf bags or open barrels labeled 'Yard Waste'.
- Tie branches with string, 3' maximum length; do NOT put branches in barrels.
- Yard waste in plastic bags will also not be collected.
- Put barrels, bags and branches on the curb by 7:00AM on your Recycling Day, during the collection dates listed below.
- Yard waste will not be collected with trash during this period.
Yard Waste stickers for barrels are available for barrels (up to 2 stickers per household). You can request stickers online or call the Mayor's Hotline at 617-635-4500.
Request Yard Waste Sticker