How You Can Participate
To obtain recycling services for your building:
- Residents need to have their landlords, property managers or condo trustees call the Mayor's Hotline 617-635-4500 to place a large building recycling program request.
- The City's recycling coordinator will work with the manager to customize a program for the building.
- The building manager must then purchase recycling receptacles known as carts. Carts range in size from 32 to 68 gallons and cost less than $75.
- Mixed paper, bottles, cans, and plastic containers can all be placed together in the carts.
- The building manager then distributes written notification to the tenants about their new recycling program. Building managers will be provided with information for recycling and stickers for the carts.
Commercial Business Recycling
Commercial businesses interested in recycling should contact their trash haulers. Trash haulers operating in Boston are required to provide recycling services as well. Learn more about commercial recycling opportunities.
(NOTE: for best printing results for the documents below, please use Internet Explorer)