Frequently Asked Questions

+Expand All Answers
How do I obtain a copy of a birth, marriage or death certificate?
What records are held by the City Archives?
Where is the Archives and Records Management Division located?
Is there parking available?
Can I get to the office using public transportation?
When are the City Archives open for research?
Do I need to make an appointment?
What can I bring in to the archives?
How do I obtain a copy of my student record?
How do I get a copy of a police report?


  • Vital Records

    To obtain birth, marriage and death records for the City of Boston and the annexed cities and towns of Brighton, Charlestown, Dorchester, Hyde Park, Roxbury and West Roxbury contact the Registry Division.

  • Merged Boston Public High Schools

    Certain high schools no longer operating have merged into open Boston Public Schools. Transcripts from merged schools can be obtained from the open schools into which these former schools have merged.

    List of Merged, Closed or Renamed Boston Public High Schools

Related Links