For Immediate Release
September 12, 2008
For More Information Contact:
Boston Transportation Commissioner Thomas J. Tinlin is advising drivers that traffic will be delayed in Allston/Brighton on Sunday, September 14 due to the annual Allston/Brighton Day Parade and the Brian J. Honan Memorial 5K Road Race.
The Allston/Brighton Parade will begin at 1 PM at the intersection of Harvard and Brighton Avenues. Marchers will parade along the following route.
- Brighton Avenue to Union Square to Cambridge Street to Brighton Center to Washington Street to Oak Square
In addition, the Brian J. Honan Memorial 5K Road Race will begin at Noon at the intersection of Brighton Avenue and Allston Street. Runners will proceed along the following route.
- Brighton Center via Washington Street, continue toward Oak Square, turn-around point near the intersection of Washington Street and Fairbanks Street, and finish at the Kells on Brighton Avenue
To accommodate these events, temporary "Tow Zone, No Stopping" regulations will be in effect on Sunday at the following locations.
- Brighton Avenue, north side, outbound roadway, from Malvern Street to Harvard Avenue for staging purposes, and from Harvard Avenue to Cambridge Street for the parade and road race
- Cambridge Street, both sides, from Brighton Avenue to Washington Street
- Washington Street, both sides, from Cambridge Street to Oak Square