Guide to Food Truck Permitting

Hawker and Peddler License from Commonwealth

Getting Hawker and Peddler Licenses

Everyone who handles money on your food truck needs a Hawker and Peddler License. Each money-handler must fill out a Hawker and Peddler License Application and have his or her local Police Chief sign the Certificate of Character. However, you need only present one Hawker and Peddler License (belonging to yourself or an employee who will work on your truck) to apply for a Food Truck Permit.
Hawkers & Peddlers License Application

Submit applications to the Director of Standards, One Ashburton Place, Room 1115.

Cost: $62 per license

Every person handling money on your food truck must renew his or her Hawker and Peddler License every year.

Here to Help