Four ways to report non-emergency issues:

Top Service Requests:

Search Online Services


What is 311?

311 is an easy-to-remember telephone number that connects you with highly-trained Constituent Service Center representatives who are ready to help you with requests for non-emergency City services and information.

When can I call 311?

The 311 Constituent Service Center is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

What's the difference between 911 and 311?

311 is the number to call to obtain information and access to all non-emergency City services. 911 is the number to call in case of emergency (burning house, robbery, crime in progress).

Can I call 311 from my cell phone?

Yes. If you cannot connect to 311 on your cell phone, you can access Boston 311 services by dialing 617-635-4500.

Is calling 311 from my cell free?

Cellular air time charges will apply.

Can you call 311 from a VOIP phone?

If you are a VOIP customer and having difficulty calling 311, it is best to contact your VOIP provider and let them know you cannot connect. It is up to individual VOIP providers to make 311 services available to their customers. Once configured, VOIP service should work properly as long as you are registered as located within the boundaries of the City of Boston. Alternatively, you can access Boston 311 services by dialing 617-635-4500.

Why can't I get through when I dial 311?

Many offices and institutions have complex routing and telephone systems that may need to be configured to allow users to dial 311. You can contact the telecomm office for your company or institution and request they reconfigure the system to allow calls to 311. Alternatively, you can access Boston 311 services by dialing 617-635-4500.

Can I request city services and information without calling?

There are several ways Residents can request city services other than calling 311. Residents are encouraged to download the BOS:311 mobile app, Tweet @BOS311, or visit City Hall To Go, Boston's mobile city services truck. To speak with someone from the Mayor's Office of Constituent Service in person, please come to the Mayor's Office on the 5th Floor of City Hall weekdays between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.

How can I track my request?

Once you have successfully submitted your request, you will receive an email with a tracking number that you can use to monitor your request. You can track your service request here