Call For Nominations
Boston’s diversity is the strength of our city. Corporations and individuals have made invaluable contributions in promoting and embracing Boston’s rich diversity and facilitating New Bostonians’ full participation in the life of the City. The Mayor and his Office of New Bostonians seek to honor these outstanding leaders with significant and special awards. Please take a few minutes to review the criteria below and nominate outstanding candidates in one or all of these categories.
The Corporate Courage Award is intended for a corporation that demonstrates consistent commitment in creating opportunities for Boston's diverse communities to thrive and be succesful. This corporation is particularly exemplary in:
- Recognizing and valuing immigrants’ contributions as a core business proposition.
- Promoting diversity, including addressing immigrant worker’s concerns through its own recruitment and retention policies and consistently demonstrating the support for its diverse staff at all levels.
- Developing a diverse base of supplier relationships and/or other partners.
- Developing and promoting products and programs that are accessible to diverse communities.
- Building a track record of promoting and supporting Boston’s multicultural richness, as well as empowering New Bostonian communities.
- Contributing to Boston’s diverse communities, including immigrant communities, with financial and/or in-kind support.
Corporate Courage Award Requirements:
CEO must accept the award in person at the 2012 We Are Boston Gala on December 4, 2012.
Efforts must impact/affect the city of Boston and its diverse communities, including immigrants.
The Community Champion Award is intended for an immigrant who has demonstrated leadership by:
- Advocating and promoting progress in New Bostonians’ participation in the economic, social, civic, and cultural life of Boston.
- Fostering and facilitating greater understanding of key issues that impact immigration.
- Facilitating an increase in investment in support of New Bostonians communities.
- Inspiring cultural pride and empowering his/her community.
Community Champion Award Requirements:
In the case where an individual has been selected to receive this award s/he must accept the award in person at the 2012 We Are Boston Gala on December 4, 2012.
His/her efforts must impact/affect the city of Boston and its diverse communities, including immigrants.
The School and Youth Action Award is intended for a school and New Bostonian student, under 21 years of age, who is an immigrant or whose parents are immigrants. The student and his or her school will be honored together at the Gala.
Translates the persevera
The New Bostonian student must:
- Translate the perseverance, courage and idealism of New Bostonians into action.
- Has made significant contributions to empower his/her community.
- Has demonstrated cultural pride and promoted cross-cultural understanding and collaboration.
- Is recognized as an inspiration to his or her peers.
The School must:
- Demonstrate how it has nurtured the student to achieve the mentioned criteria in (1) and (2).
- Demonstrate how it values the diverse cultures and languages as assets in their student body.
Youth Action Award Requirements:
- The school Principal and the student must accept the award in person at the 2012 We Are Boston Gala on December 4, 2012.
- The school and the student’s efforts must impact/affect the city of Boston and its diverse communities, including immigrants.
Nominations and any supporting documents must be submitted via e-mail to email@example.com with Awards Nomination as subject line.