Paint and Motor Oil Recycling
May through August, Public Works hosts Saturday swap shops for surplus paint, stains & varnishes. They also host drop-offs for used motor oil at public works yards in four neighborhoods. Open to all Boston Residents (Proof of Residency is Required).
- Paint and motor oil are NOT accepted from commercial businesses.
- Paint, stains, varnishes, and thinners not in original containers or with illegible labels will not be accepted.
- There is a 20 container maximum for drop-offs.
- No aerosol paint cans will be accepted.
- Proof of residency is required.
Paint Swap Shops
Paint which is in good condition is made available to residents for free. Come take free paint from our Swap Shops. We have interior and exterior paint and stains.
Motor Oil Drop-Off
If you change your own oil, bring used oil from your car, boat, or other vehicle to a drop-off. Do not mix the oil with any other substance.