For Immediate Release
April 02, 2014
For More Information Contact:
City of Boston drivers are reminded that streets will be closed to vehicular traffic, detours will be in place and parking restrictions will be implemented in West Roxbury on Thursday, April 3, 2014, to allow for the funeral services of fallen Boston Firefighter Michael Kennedy at Holy Name Church on Centre Street. Commuters are asked to kindly avoid driving in this area if at all possible.
Centre Street and West Roxbury Parkway will be closed to vehicular traffic for the duration of the funeral, estimated to be from 9 AM to 2 PM. Drivers should also expect that traffic may be impeded in the surrounding area Thursday afternoon as the funeral procession proceeds to the cemetery.
For Centre Street inbound – Left onto LaGrange Street, right onto VFW Parkway, right onto LaGrange Street, left onto Washington Street.
- For Centre Street outbound – Right onto VFW Parkway
- For Washington Street/West Roxbury Parkway inbound – Straight on Washington Street
- For West Roxbury Parkway outbound – Right onto VFW Parkway
Parking will be restricted on Thursday, as follows.
- Centre Street, both sides, from Saint Theresa Avenue to Montclair Avenue
- South Street, both sides, from Guernsey Street to Centre Street
- West Roxbury Parkway, both sides, from Belgrade Avenue to Church Street
Parking will also be restricted on Wednesday evening on both Centre Street and LaGrange Street.