For Immediate Release
January 16, 2014
For More Information Contact:
Mayor's Press Office
Mayor Martin J. Walsh and Denver Mayor Michael B. Hancock today spoke via phone to set a friendly wager in advance of Sunday’s AFC Championship game between the New England Patriots and the Denver Broncos. The two mayors will be together next week in Washington, D.C. for the U.S. Conference of Mayors, and under the terms of the wager, the Mayor of the AFC Champions will have the opportunity to bask in the glory of his team’s win in person.
Watch an Instagram clip from today's phone call: http://instagram.com/p/jPmf9EyrK-/
Download photos from Flickr here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/96737207@N08/sets/72157639836207996/
If the Patriots are victorious on Sunday, Mayor Hancock will:
- Wear Mayor Walsh’s New England Patriots jersey during a session of next week’s U.S. Conference of Mayors.
- Ship to Boston a sampling of Denver’s fabulous "green chile," as well as a hoodie, cap and handmade skis from Denver’s locally grown Icelantic Skis.
In the event that the Denver Broncos defeat the Patriots, Mayor Walsh will:
- Wear Mayor Hancock’s Denver Broncos jersey during a session of the U.S. Conference of Mayors next week.
- Deliver Mayor Hancock 5 lbs. of Boston’s famous chocolate turtles from Phillips Candy House in Dorchester.
- In honor of Denver’s expanded library hours, make a donation to Denver Public Libraries of inscribed books by Boston’s hometown authors, including Dennis Lehane, James Carroll, Doris Kearns Goodwin, David McCullough, Jackie MacMullan, Kevin Cullen and Shelley Murphy, Joe Finder, Irene Smalls, Kevin O'Connor and Mike Casey, Jarrett Krosoczka, Casey Sherman, Brian McGrory, Paul Harding, Hank Phillippi Ryan and more.