For Immediate Release
August 16, 2013
For More Information Contact:
Events taking place in Boston will bring additional activity to Boston’s streets this weekend. The Boston Transportation Department is advising drivers, bicyclists and pedestrians alike to take extra care to obey the rules of the road and to be considerate of others traveling on local streets. Those coming into the City to attend these events are encouraged to leave their private vehicles at home and take the MBTA.
The Ride4COPS will take place on Saturday, August 17 in honor of all Massachusetts Law Enforcement Officers who have fallen in the line of duty. A motorcycle procession comprised of Police Officers from throughout the Commonwealth will travel to the State House for a ceremony at the Massachusetts Law Enforcement Memorial. Temporary “Tow Zone No Stopping Boston Police Special Event Saturday 8 AM to 12 Noon” parking restrictions will be implemented as follows to accommodate this event.
- Beacon Street, Boston Common side, from Charles Street to opposite Joy Street.
The Dominican Parade will take place on Sunday, August 18. The parade will begin at Noon on Centre Street, Hyde Square in Jamaica Plain. The route will take marchers from Centre Street to Columbus Avenue to Walnut Avenue. Temporary “Tow Zone No Stopping Boston Police Special Event Sunday” parking restrictions will be implemented as follows to accommodate this event.
- Walnut Avenue, both sides, from Seaver Street to School Street
- Seaver Street, both sides, from Walnut Avenue to Harold Street
- Centre Street, both sides, from Barbara Road to Columbus Avenue
- Columbus Avenue, both sides, from Centre Street to Walnut Avenue
- Proctor Street, both sides, from Norfolk Avenue to Massachusetts Avenue
- Norfolk Avenue, both sides, from Magazine Street to Langdon Street.