For Immediate Release
July 24, 2013
For More Information Contact:
Special events taking place in Boston this weekend will impact traffic and parking. Taking the MBTA to attend these events is encouraged. To stay safe on local streets, drivers, cyclists and pedestrians should take extra care to obey the rules of the road, and to be aware and considerate of others using local streets.
Saturday, July 27, 2013
Urban Raid Boston – An estimated 1500 runners will participate in this timed 5K race that will take place between 9 and Noon. The route is as follows: Quincy Market, Samuel Adams Park, left onto Congress Street, right onto State Street, right onto Washington Mall, to stairs leading to Congress Street, returning to Washington Mall, right onto Court Street, right onto Cambridge Street, to New Sudbury Street, to Congress Street, to Faneuil Hall, to Commercial Street, to Surface Road, to Gateway to the Sea, left onto Atlantic Avenue, to Christopher Columbus Park, to Long Wharf, returning to Gateway to the Sea, to Commercial Street, to Chatham Street, to Commercial Street to Quincy Market.
The City Hall side of Congress Street, between New Sudbury Street and State Street will be closed to vehicular traffic beginning at 8 AM. In addition, temporary “Tow Zone No Stopping Boston Police Special Event Saturday 8 AM to Noon” parking restrictions will be implemented as follows.
- Chatham Street, both sides, from Merchants Row to Commercial Street
- Court Street, north (odd) side, from Washington Street to Cambridge Street.
Futures at Fenway – The annual event features minor league teams. This year, the Red Sox AA affiliate Portland Sea Dogs will take on the Harrisburg Senators at Noon. Temporary “Tow Zone No Stopping Boston Police Special Event Saturday 8 AM to 5 PM” parking restrictions will be implemented as follows.
- Van Ness Street, both sides, from Ipswich Street to Kilmarnock Street
- Yawkey Way, both sides, from Van Ness Street to Brookline Avenue
Supreme Team Fundraiser at GameOn – Temporary “Tow Zone No Stopping Boston Police Special Event Saturday 1 PM to 2 AM signs will be posted as follows.
- Lansdowne Street, both sides, from Brookline Avenue to the parking garage near the House of Blues.
Sunday, July 28, 2013
Puerto Rican Festival and Parade – The location of the annual event has changed this year due to construction activity. The parade will begin at Noon on Washington Street, between Melnea Cass Boulevard and West Dedham Street. An estimated 5,000 participants will march to West Dedham Street, right onto Tremont Street, left onto Charles Street South, continuing onto Charles Street, right onto Boylston Street, left onto Tremont Street, continuing onto Cambridge Street in GovernmentCenter. The festival will take place on City Hall Plaza this year. Temporary “Tow Zone No Stopping Sunday Parade” parking restrictions will be implemented as follows.
- Washington Street, both sides, from Melnea Cass Boulevard to West Dedham Street
- West Dedham Street, both sides, from Washington Street to Tremont Street
- Tremont Street, both sides, from West Dedham Street to Charles Street South, and both sides, from Boylston Street to Cambridge Street
- Charles Street South, both sides, from Tremont Street to Boylston Street
- Boylston Street, both sides, from Charles Street South to Tremont Street
- Cambridge Street, both sides, from Tremont Street to New Chardon Street, excluding any HP spaces
- New Chardon Street, east (odd) side, from Cambridge Street to Congress Street
Komen 3 Day for the Cure – An estimated 2,500 participants in this annual event will walk into Boston beginning at 9 AM. In Boston, they will walk on sidewalks along the following route.
- Massachusetts Avenue Bridge, left onto Commonwealth Avenue, across Arlington Street to the Public Garden, through the Public Garden, across Charles Street, through the Boston Common, exiting near Park Street, across Tremont Street, to Winter Street, left onto Washington Street, right onto Franklin Street, right onto Congress Street, left onto Purchase Street, right onto Seaport Boulevard, right onto D Street, left onto Congress Street, right onto D Street, left onto Summer Street, continuing onto L Street, left onto East Broadway, right onto Day Boulevard, to the Harborwalk, continuing to the University of Massachusetts Boston Campus.
WKLB Country Barbeque – The event will take place on Lansdowne Street from 3 PM to 10 PM. Lansdowne Street will be closed to vehicular traffic from 6 AM to 11 PM. In addition, temporary “Tow Zone No Stopping Boston Police Special Event Sunday” parking restrictions will be implemented as follows.
- Lansdowne Street, both sides, from Brookline Avenue to Ipswich Street