For Immediate Release
November 06, 2012
For More Information Contact:
Streets in the Seaport District will be closed to vehicular traffic on Election Night, Tuesday, November 6, 2012, due to activities scheduled to take place at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center.
- SUMMER STREET, between Melcher Street and D Street, will be closed from 6 PM to Midnight.
- D STREET, from Summer Street to Cypher Street, will be closed from 6 PM to 9 PM.
The Boston Transportation Department is strongly cautioning South Shore commuters to stay on the highway system and to avoid trying to cut through this area on Tuesday evening. Those with a destination in the Seaport District are encouraged to take the MBTA silver line, which has three stops in the immediate vicinity. Visit www.mbta.com for more information. For those who must drive, scheduling plenty of extra time will be imperative.
In addition to the street closures, temporary “Tow Zone, No Stopping, Tuesday” parking restrictions will be in effect all day Tuesday at the following locations in the Seaport District.
- D Street, both sides, from Summer Street to the end of the property line for #400 D Street
- Summer Street, both sides, from Melcher Street to D Street
Temporary parking restrictions will also be in effect in other locations in the City to accommodate Election Day activities.
“Tow Zone, No Stopping, 6 PM to Midnight” restrictions will be in effect on Tuesday as follows.
- Stuart Street, both sides, from Dartmouth Street to Clarendon Street
- Trinity Place, both sides, from Stuart Street to St. James Avenue
- Columbus Avenue, north side, from Park Plaza westerly for about 100 feet
“Tow Zone, No Stopping, Tuesday” restrictions will be in effect as follows.
- Church Street, island side, from Columbus Avenue to Stuart Street
- Stuart Street, island side, from Columbus Avenue to Church Street
- Columbus Avenue, south side, from Church Street to Stuart Street