For Immediate Release
November 02, 2012
For More Information Contact:
The Boston Transportation Department is advising drivers that, due to a special event, a stretch of Commonwealth Avenue in Allston will be closed to vehicular traffic on Monday, November 5, 2012.
Between the hours of 7 AM to 3 PM, vehicles will be excluded from traveling on Commonwealth Avenue, between Harvard Avenue and Allston Street.
- The inbound detour route will be Allston Street to Brighton Avenue at Packard’s Corner.
- The outbound detour route will be Brighton Avenue at Packard’s Corner.
To accommodate the event, temporary parking restrictions will be in effect beginning at 6 AM on Monday. “Tow Zone, No Stopping, Boston Police Special Event, Monday 6 AM to 4 PM” restrictions will be enforced at the following locations.
- Commonwealth Avenue, both sides of both inner roadways, from Harvard Avenue to Allston Street
- Long Avenue, both sides, from Commonwealth Avenue to Glenville Avenue
- Spofford Road, both sides, from Commowealth Avenue to Glenville Avenue
MBTA Service will also be effected by this event. Green line service will be interrupted on Monday from 10:30 AM to 3 PM, between Washington Street and Packards Corner stations. The MBTA is encouraging customers to utilize the C Branch or the Route 57 bus service to Kenmore. In addition, limited bus shuttle service will be available between the Washington Street stop on the B Branch and the Washington Square stop on the C Branch. For more information, visit www.mbta.com.