For Immediate Release
August 24, 2012
For More Information Contact:
The annual Caribbean Carnival will be held in Boston's Franklin Park on Saturday, August 25, 2012. The Carnival will include two parades that will necessitate the closure of streets to vehicular traffic as well as the implementation of several temporary parking restrictions. Traffic delays should be expected and the use of public transportation is encouraged.
The Jouvert Parade will step off at 7:00 AM on Morton Street. It will travel Morton Street to Blue Hill Avenue to Glenway Street.
At 1:00 PM, the Carnival Parade will begin on Martin Luther King Boulevard at Warren Street. It will travel Martin Luther King Boulevard to Warren Street to Blue Hill Avenue to Glenway Street.
Temporary "Tow Zone, No Stopping, Saturday" signs will be posted at the following locations.
- American Legion Highway, median island, for both directions of travel, from Blue Hill Avenue to Canterbury Street
- Blue Hill Avenue, east side (inbound side), from Morton Street to American Legion Highway and both sides, from American Legion Highway to Warren Street
- Dale Street, both sides, from Walnut Avenue to the driveways near and opposite #56 Dale Street and both sides, from Sherman Street to Warren Street
- Columbia Road, both sides, from Blue Hill Avenue to Seaver Street
- Glenway Street, both sides, from Blue Hill Avenue past Old Road to #11 Glenway Street
- Glenway Street School Yard, along the fence abutting Glenway Street facing vehicles in the lot, for EMS purposes.
- Martin Luther King Boulevard, both sides, from Warren Street to Washington Street
- Old Road, both sides, from Glenway Street to Columbia Road
- Seaver Street, both sides, from Blue Hill Avenue to a point 300 feet westerly, at approximately #280
- Warren Street, both sides, from Martin Luther King Boulevard to Blue Hill Avenue
- Circuit Drive, both sides, from Blue Hill Avenue to Morton Street
- Walnut Avenue, southeast (Franklin Park) side, from Seaver Street to Sigourney Street
- Sigourney Street, southeast (Franklin Park) side, from Walnut Avenue to Glen Road