For Immediate Release
June 27, 2012
For More Information Contact:
The City of Boston Transportation Department is advising motorists that traffic delays and detours should be expected in Downtown Boston and the Waterfront due to the upcoming celebrations of the anniversary of the War of 1812 andBoston’s Annual Fourth of July Fireworks.
People coming intoBostonto join in festivities are strongly encouraged to use public transportation and leave their vehicles at home. Parking regulations, particularly those that are public safety related, will be strictly enforced.
To accommodate the festivities, the following temporary parking restrictions will be implemented by the City ofBoston:
“Tow Zone No Stopping Boston Police Special Event Monday July 2 through Wednesday, July 4th”
- Beacon Street, both sides from Arlington To Clarendon Street
“Tow Zone No Stopping Boston Police Special Event Wednesday, July 4”
- Arlington Street, both sides fromBeacon StreettoBoylston Street
- Beacon Street, both sides fromCharles StreettoArlington Street
- Berkeley Street, both sides fromBeacon Streetto Back Street
- Berkeley Street, eastside from St. James to Boylston
- Boylston Street, both sides fromBerkeley StreettoArlington Street
- Chestnut Street, both sides fromDavid G. Mugar WaytoBrimmer Street
- Clarendon Street, both sides fromBeacon Streetto Back Street
- Mt. Vernon Street, both sides fromDavid Mugar WaytoBrimmer Street
At this time the City ofBostondoes not have any scheduled road closings but the Boston Police may implement closures on city controlled roadways to ensure public safety.
Additionally, the Commonwealthof Massachusettswill also be implementing parking restrictions on many of their roadways as well as road closures on Storrow Drivebeginning at 7 AMon July 4th and on Memorial Drive beginning at 6 PM on July 4th. For more information on State roadways please visit www.massdot.state.ma.us