For Immediate Release
July 12, 2016
For More Information Contact:
Bastille Day, Festival Betances, and other events being held this weekend in Boston will impact traffic and parking on local streets. BTD suggests that people refrain from driving their personal vehicles into the city for these events. Information on Hubway, the regional bike-share service, may be found at www.thehubway.com and information on the MBTA may be found at www.mbta.com. For a faster return trip, the MBTA advises riders to purchase a round trip rather than a one-way ticket.
Bastille Day – Marlborough Street, Back Bay, between Berkeley and Clarendon Streets, closed to traffic from 7 AM on Friday, July 15, through 7 AM on Saturday, July 16.
Festival Betances – Parade will begin at 6 PM on Friday, July 15, at the Plaza Betances at 100 West Dedham Street, turn left on Tremont Street, left on Aguadilla Street, left again on Tremont Street, left on West Newton Street, left on Shawmut Avenue, left on San Juan Street, right on West Brookline Street, left on Washington Avenue, left on West Dedham Street, ending at the Plaza Betances. Traffic delays should be expected as the parade progress along the route. In addition, temporary Tow Zone No Stopping Friday through Sunday parking restrictions will be in effect as follows.
- Aguadilla Street, both sides, from Tremont Street to West Brookline Street
- San Juan Street, both sides, from Shawmut Avenue to West Brookline Street
Concerts at Fenway Park – The following temporary parking restrictions will be in place to accommodate concerts taking place at Fenway Park. In addition, drivers should be aware that there is a $100 fine for parking illegally in Fenway/Kenmore Resident Parking Only spaces on event days at Fenway Park.
Tow Zone No Stopping Boston Police Special Event Friday through Sunday 2 PM to 11:59 PM
- Brookline Avenue, both sides, from Overland Street to Lansdowne Street
- Overland Street, even side, from Brookline Avenue to the dead end
- Boylston Street, south side from opposite Ipswich Street to Brookline Avenue
- Lansdowne Street, both sides, from Brookline Avenue to Ipswich Street
- Ipswich Street, both sides, from Boylston Street to opposite Lansdowne Street, excluding HP-DV parking regulations.
- Van Ness Street, both sides, from Ipswich Street to Kilmarnock Street
- Yawkey Way, both sides, from Van Ness Street to Brookline Avenue
- Richard B. Ross Way, both sides from Van Ness Street to Boylston Street
Tow Zone No Parking Reserved for HP-DV Parking Only Friday – Sunday
- Boylston Street, north side, from Ipswich Street to Kilmarnock Street
- Yawkey Way, both sides, from Boylston Street to Van Ness Street
- Overland Street, odd side, from Brookline Avenue to the dead end
St. Mark Catholic Church Family Fun Days – Brent Street, Dorchester, from Joseph Street to Wainwright Street, closed to traffic on Sunday, July 17, from 10 AM to 5 PM.
Convite Internacional Banilejo – Temporary Tow Zone No Stopping Boston Police Special Event Sunday 8 AM to 7 PM parking restrictions will be in effect on Sunday, July 17 in Jamaica Plain.
- Boylston Street, both sides, from Amory Street to Lamartine Street
- New Minton Street, both sides, from Amory Street to Lamartine Street
- LaMartine Street, both sides, from Boylston Street to New Minton Street
Saint Rocco Processional – Traffic will be delayed on various streets in the North End on Sunday, July 17, starting at 1 PM. The processional will begin on Prince Street and end on St. Leonard’s Church on Hanover Street at approximately 3 PM.