For Immediate Release
July 10, 2014
Tourism, Sports, and Entertainment
For More Information Contact:
Mayor's Office of Tourism, Sports, and Entertainment
Boston, MA: The Mayor's Office of Arts and Culture is presenting the free Arts on the Arcade series featuring visual and crafts artists and live music performances. The events will take place on Fridays from 11:00 a.m.to 5:00 p.m. starting July 11, 2014, and running through August 29,2014.
The series will be held at Samuel Adams Park, at Faneuil Hall at Congress Street (View Map).
Arts on the Arcade offers a diverse range of visual and performing artistic expressions. Now in its twelfth year, Arts on the Arcade evokes a lively and festive European marketplace. Each year, juried selections of visual and crafts artists are given the opportunity to sell handmade crafts and artwork covering many different styles from jewelry to photography, glass art to paintings.
Local artists to be featured July 11, July 25, August 8, August 22 include:
- Malika Crichlow, jeweler
- Jen Matson, photography: http://jlmimages.com
- Olivia Leiter, jeweler: https://www.etsy.com/people/OliviasOrigami
- Cagen Luse, illustration/painting
- Dara Cheek, jeweler: https://www.etsy.com/shop/Hieropice
- Nea Savoca, apparel
- J.J. Long, oil painting: http://www.jjartworks.com
- Aaisha Anwer, jeweler
- ADC Jewelry Designs -- Jewelry for a Cause, jeweler: http://www.adcjewelrydesigns.com
July 18, August 1, August 15, August 29:
- Cassandra Hurley, paintings: https://www.facebook.com/cassandra.hurley.9
- Christine Barton, photography
- Alexandra Jordankova, painting/graphic design: http://fineartbyalexandra.com
- Steve Duque, digital photography
- Ria Lira Levin, stoneware: http://ririspotteryhaus.com
- Bill Whitman, jeweler
- Stephen Rosenberg, jeweler: https://www.facebook.com/StephenRosenbergJewelryDesign
- Debbie Harary, glass art: http://debbieharary.com
Schedule of music performances (between noon and 2:00 p.m.):
- July 11 – music from artists from East Boston’s Zumix: http://www.zumix.org
- July 18 – Loose Ends: http://www.looseendsbluegrass.com
- July 25 – Cask Mouse: http://caskmouse.com
- August 1 – Township: http://thefamilytownship.com with The Blue Ribbons: http://www.theblueribbons.com
- August 8 – Vapors of Morphine: https://www.facebook.com/members.of.morphine.jeremy.lyons
- Aug 15 – Mercy Case: https://www.facebook.com/themercycase
- Aug 22 – music from artists from East Boston’s Zumix: http://www.zumix.org
- Aug 29 – surprise performer to be announced!
Samuel Adams Park is handicapped accessible and can be reached by T via State Street(Orange and Blue lines), Haymarket (Green line) and Downtown Crossing (Red line). For further information call 617-635-3245 or visit http://www.cityofboston.gov/arts .
For more information on year round programming from the Mayor's Office of Arts and culture, please visit their website at http://www.cityofboston.gov/arts and their online calendar of events at http://www.cityofboston.gov/calendar/arts.asp .