For Immediate Release
June 20, 2014
For More Information Contact:
Special events taking place in Boston on Sunday, June 22, will require temporary traffic and parking restrictions. The Boston Transportation Department is asking drivers, cyclists and pedestrians to take extra care to obey the rules of the road and to be considerate of others traveling on local streets. Those coming into Boston for these events are encouraged to take the MBTA. Information on MBTA service can be found at www.mbta.com. For a faster return trip, the MBTA advises riders to purchase a round-trip rather than a one-way ticket.
The Boston Athletic Association 10K - An estimated 5,000 runners will gather on Charles Street near the Public Garden center gate and the race will begin at 8 AM. From Charles Street, runners will turn left onto Beacon Street, left onto Arlington Street, right onto Commonwealth Avenue (westbound), under Massachusetts Avenue, right onto Charlesgate East, left onto Beacon Street, right onto Bay State Road, left onto Granby Street, right onto Commonwealth Avenue (westbound), turn around at Babcock Street, Commonwealth Avenue (westbound), left onto Beacon Street, right onto Charlesgate West, left onto Commonwealth Avenue (eastbound), under Massachusetts Avenue, right onto Arlington Street, left onto Boylston Street, right onto Charles Street.
Tow Zone No Stopping Boston Police Special Event Sunday 6 AM to 12 Noon parking restrictions will be implemented at the following locations.
- Bay State Road, both sides, from Charlesgate West to Granby Street, metered parking spaces only
- Beacon Street, Public Garden side, from Charles Street to Arlington Street
- Boylston Street, Public Garden side, from Arlington Street to Charles Street
- Commonwealth Avenue, north side of westbound roadway, from Raleigh Street to Alcorn Street
- Granby Street, both sides, from Bay State Road to Commonwealth Avenue
Also, Tow Zone No Stopping Boston Police Special Event Sunday 12:01AM to 12 Noon parking restrictions will be implemented at the following location.
- Charles Street, both sides, from Boylston Street to Beacon Street
The Chinatown Main Street Festival – The Festival will be held on portions of Harrison Avenue as well as Beach, Hudson, Oxford and Tyler Streets. Tow Zone No Stopping Boston Police Special Event Sunday parking restrictions will be in place as follows.
- Beach Street, both sides, from Surface Road to Washington Street
- Harrison Avenue, both sides, from Essex Street to Kneeland Street
- Hudson Street, both sides, from Kneeland Street to Beach Street
- Oxford Street, both sides, from Beach Street to Essex Street
- Tyler Street, both sides, from Kneeland Street to Beach Street
The Most Holy Redeemer Parish Corpus Christi Procession – An estimated 1,000 marchers will gather in front of the Most Holy Redeemer Church at #72 Maverick Street, East Boston. At 1:15 PM, they will proceed from Maverick Street to Havre Street, left onto Decatur Street, left onto Liverpool Street, left onto Summer Street, left to Maverick Square, left onto Maverick Street.