For Immediate Release
June 24, 2014
For More Information Contact:
The Boston Transportation Department is advising drivers that the annual JP Morgan Corporate Challenge will be taking place tonight beginning at 7:15 PM in Boston’s Back Bay and Kenmore Square neighborhoods. An estimated 12,000 runners will participate representing over 600 companies from Boston and the region. Streets along the race route will be closed to vehicular traffic from approximately 6:45 to 8:10 PM.
Drivers, pedestrians and cyclists are all asked to be considerate of the additional people using Boston’s streets for this event and to follow the rules of the road. Those coming into Boston for the race are encouraged to take the MBTA. Information on MBTA service can be found at MBTA.com. For a faster return trip, the MBTA advises riders to purchase a round-trip rather than a one-way ticket.
Runners will gather on Charles Street at the Boston Common. From Charles Street, they will proceed left onto Beacon Street, left onto Arlington Street, right onto Commonwealth Avenue (outbound), to Kenmore Square, turn around after the MBTA bus way, to Commonwealth Avenue (inbound), under the Massachusetts Avenue overpass, continuing on Commonwealth Avenue, right onto Arlington Street, left onto Boylston Street, left onto Charles Street.
“Tow Zone No Stopping Tuesday 2 PM to 8 PM” temporary restrictions are in place today at the following locations to accommodate the race.
- Beacon Street – South side from Charles Street to opposite #71, North side westerly from Charles Street to River Street, and North side from Charles Street to a point 85’ easterly
- Boylston Street – South side from Charles Street to Tremont Street
- Charles Street South – West side from Park Plaza to Boylston Street
- Charles Street - West side from Boylston Street across Beacon Street to Chestnut Street, and East side from Beacon Street to Branch Street
- Commonwealth Avenue – North side, North roadway, from Arlington Street to approximately 100’ westerly ending at #3