- The Corporate Buddy Role
- Baseline Requirements
- Main Street District Responsibilities
- BMS Corporate Buddies
- Maximize the effectiveness of the local Main Streets program
- Deepen corporate commitment to the communities in which they do business
- Create opportunities for collaboration and shared responsibility between corporations and local merchants
- Enhance the quality of life for residents by offering added services, a higher community profile and a deeper investment in the community
Below is a set of baseline requirements for participation in the Boston Main Street Corporate Buddy program. Each corporation that agrees to be paired with a Boston Main Street district must agree with the standards in theory and strive to meet or exceed all baseline standards within the parameters of their abilities.
- Serve as a member of the local Main Streets Board of Directors, if desired
- Play an active role in local Main Streets fundraising activities
- Provide access to resources
- Provide services by in-house departments or consultants
- Provide access to resources to produce marketing materials
- Provide technical assistance to develop business plans for local businesses
- Where possible, supply the Main Street organization with office equipment such as computers, software and FAX machine and facilitate in kind contributions as needed
- Participate with representatives of other Corporate Buddies in an annual meeting with the City of Boston to discuss progress of Main Street districts within a city-wide context.
- Introduce the Corporate Buddy to the Main Street Community. In most cases, the representative of the corporation will be familiar with the Main Street Community. However, the corporation may not have knowledge of the business district's concerns and work plans. The Main Street program will introduce its Corporate Buddy representatives to the Board of Directors and offer a tour of the district.
- Communication. Each Main Street district's Corporate Buddy representative should be offered a seat on the Board of Directors. The Board is a primary link to organizational communication in the Main Street program. Any press releases or initiatives should be forwarded to the Corporate Buddy.
- Public Relations. Corporate Buddy support is crucial to the Main Street Programs. It is important for the Main Street district to adequately acknowledge the participation of its Corporate Buddy. The Corporate Buddy logo should appear on all promotional items released by the Main Street district.
Boston Private Bank & Trust
Brigham & Women’s Hospital
Commonwealth Cooperative Bank
H. Levenbaum Insurance
H. Levenbaum Realty
Hyde Park Savings Bank
Mt. Washington Bank
Neighborhood Health Plan
New Balance Athletic Shoe, Inc.