Frequently Asked Questions

+Expand All Answers
As a resident of the City, can I go to the Law Department for legal advice?
How do I file a claim with the City for property damage and/or personal injury?
How do I check the status of my claim?
Who is the City's insurer?
How do I get copies of Public Records?
What is the Law Department’s role in issuing Zoning Board of Appeal decisions, and how can I find out the status of a decision?
Are City employees bound by the Massachusetts ethics law?
What should I do if I believe I have been a victim of an act of discrimination?