Site Cleanliness - Frequently Asked Questions
- Who needs to apply for a Site Cleanliness License?
- What is a Site Cleanliness Plan?
- What does D.P.W. approval mean?
- There is more than one business but one dumpster, do we need separate applications?
- There is one address but more than one dumpster, do I need a license for each dumpster?
- What is a dumpster in good/bad condition?
All residences and businesses that operate or use bulk refuse containers.
All information requested on the application is the Site Cleanliness Plan.
If your recepticle is stored on a public way, meaning sidewalk, alley or street, you must first obtain a permit from the City of Boston Department of Public Works.
Yes. Each business will have to have its own license for the dumpster.
No. Only one license per business regardless of the number of dumpsters. Each dumpster must be maintained in accordance with the license.
- Tight fitting lid (less than 1/2 inch opening);
- Exterior surfaces clean;
- Land maintained in a clean and sanitary condition;
- Dumpster free from cracks and erosion;
- Proper owner identification;
- Drain plug missing;
- Land maintained in an unclean and unsanitary condition;
- Bars, wheels or locks not in servicable condition;
- Exterior surface not clean.