What Permit Do I Need?

The permit application process varies depending on structural changes or changes to building occupancy.

Minor changes to an existing building:

Apply for Short Form, Electrical, Plumbing and Gas permits online or in-person. 

Kitchen Remodel

Short Form
- More Information
- Apply Online

Pipe (75)

Electrical, Plumbing and Gas
- More Information
- Apply Online

Major changes to a structure or change of use/occupancy:

Permits below require an in-person visit to ISD with supporting plans and documents. Some may be initiated online.

Construction Site

Long Form
More Information


More Information

Wrecking Ball

Demolition (Razed)
More Information


Erect/New Construction
More Information


Use of Premises
More Information

car (75)

More Information


More Information

computer (75)

Download Forms 
More Information

Hours and Directions

  • Hours of Operation

    Monday - Friday: 
    8:00am - 4:00pm

    Thursday Evening:
    Building Division Only 
    8:00am - 7:00pm

    Please note that the cashier closes 15 minutes prior to closing.

    Building Division Contacts