RSVP is a group of people 55 years and older who volunteer in their community to make a difference. Locally, RSVP is sponsored by the City of Boston’s Commission on Affairs of the Elderly. Volunteers work at over 50 stations throughout Boston doing various things including tutoring children in reading, serving lunch to seniors, building ship models, doing arts and crafts in senior centers, serving in homeless shelters, giving museum tours, calling bingo and serving in hospitals. RSVP volunteers are eligible for some out-of-pocket expenses while volunteering, such as travel costs and meals, subject to station regulations. All RSVP volunteers receive free supplemental accident insurance while volunteering. All RSVP volunteers receive the training they need to make a difference.
Age 55 and older.
RSVP volunteers are lending a hand all over the country. With more than 2 million members, RSVP is one of the largest national volunteer programs. Volunteers donate their time at over 60 locations throughout Boston including meal sites, museums, senior centers, schools and more!
Below is a list of volunteer opportunities available right now.
- ABCD North End/West End
- Attorney General's Office-Elder Hotline
- Beacon Hill Village
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Boston Chinatown Neighborhood Center
- Boston Medical Center
- Boston Partners in Education
- Brooke Courthouse
- Carney Hospital
- Citizen Schools
- Covenant House
- Crittenton Women's Union
- Dana Farber
- Deutsches Altenheim/German Center
- Doric Docent State House
- Educational Development Group
- Educational Surrogate Parent Program
- Faulkner Hospital Volunteer Department
- Friendship Works
- Greater Boston Chinese Golden Age Center
- Hebrew Rehabilitation Center/Hebrew Senior Life
- JFK Family Services
- Kit Clark Nutrition Services (many sites)
- Marian Manor Nursing Home
- Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
- New England Association of HIV Over Fifty
- Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital
- St. Elizabeth's Medical Center
- The Women's Lunch Place
- U.S.S. Constitution Museum
- Veronica B. Smith Senior Center
- West Roxbury VA Hospital
For more information on signing up to be an RSVP Volunteer, please call:
Patricia McCormack, RSVP Director
Telephone: (617) 635-1794
Fax: (617) 635-3213
See a listing of upcoming Elderly events.
View Calendar »
Boston Seniority Magazine Sign-Up
Mayor Menino's 2013 Garden Contest
Entry Deadline - Friday, July 12, 2013 - 5:00 p.m.
Reporting Medicare Fraud
Learn about the process of reporting Medicare fraud.
Circulo De Ciudado
A resource for Latino families caring for a loved one with Alzheimer's Disease.