This free six-hour seminar designed especially for new homeowners (and homebuyers applying for financial assistance from the BHC) includes information on property maintenance, lead paint, landlord/tenant issues, and budgeting. The seminar is offered in partnership with Massachusetts Affordable Housing Alliance (MAHA).
What are the benefits?
- Receive valuable tips about how to care for your home and maximize its value
- Learn tools for managing your personal finances as a homeowner
- Understand the basics of being a landlord
- Become eligible for discounts on homeowners insurance through MAHA's HomeSafe program
Who is eligible?
- Current owners of a home in Boston
- Graduates of Homebuying 101
How do I register and what happens next?
- Pick your class
Classes are offered at a number of locations and times throughout Boston. Visit MAHA's website to view the class schedule and select the one that works best for you.
- Sign up online
Complete MAHA's registration form. Please be advised that space in each course is limited, and it is possible that you may not be able to register for your first choice location and time.
- Attend all scheduled class meetings
In order to receive a certificate of completion, you must attend all scheduled classes.
For more information about Homeowner 201: Tips for New Homeowners, call:
The Boston Home Center
Department of Neighborhood Development
Phone: 617.635.HOME (4663)
The Massachusetts Affordable Housing Alliance (MAHA)