This free two-hour seminar includes information about the foreclosed property purchase process, legal issues, mortgage and property selection, and information about special home repair resources.
What are the benefits?
- Decide if purchasing a foreclosed property is the right option for you
- Learn about the process involved – from choosing a home to picking the right mortgage
- Understand the legal issues involved in purchasing a foreclosed home
- Learn how to take advantage of available city resources for purchasing or repairing a foreclosed home
Who is eligible?
- Anyone can sign up for Homebuying 104
How do I register and what happens next?
- Pick your class
Classes are offered at a number of locations and times throughout Boston. Refer to our class schedule to pick the one that works best for you.
- Sign up online
Follow the link from the online class schedule to fill out the registration form. Please be advised that space in each class is limited, and it is possible that may will not be able to register for your first choice location and time.
- Confirm your registration
After you register online you will receive a confirmation email from the Boston Home Center. If you do not receive confirmation, please call us at 617.635.HOME.
- Attend all scheduled class meetings
In order to receive a certificate of completion, you must attend all scheduled classes.
For more information about Homebuying 104: How to Buy a Foreclosed Property, call:
The Boston Home Center
Department of Neighborhood Development
Phone: 617.635.HOME (4663)
Back to Boston Home Center