If you are interested in buying a home in Boston and you are looking for help with the financing, then take advantage of the Boston Home Center's Financial Assistance Workshop. This class is a great opportunity to find out about the resources and services available to help you purchase a home.
What are the benefits?
- Receive up to 3% of the purchase price for downpayment and closing costs.
- Receive up to $10,000 toward the purchase of a foreclosed property in certain neighborhoods.
- Receive up to $20,000 toward the purchase and repairs of a foreclosed property in certain neighborhoods. ($10,000 toward the purchase and $10,000 for the rehab.)
Who is eligible?
- Must be a graduate of Homebuying 101 and Homeowner 201
- Must not own any other property at time of purchase
- Must not have a household income that exceeds 120% of the Area Median Income as determined by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
How do I apply and what happens next?
- Graduate from approved homebuyer and homeowner education classes
- Meet with a participating mortgage lender to learn what you can afford
- Apply for funding
- Receive confirmation that your application is under review
- Find a property and make an offer
For more information about the Financial Assistance Workshop, call:
The Boston Home Center
Department of Neighborhood Development
Phone: 617.635.HOME (4663)