Establishing a Project/Grant BudgetNote: In order to establish a Project/Grant Budget, it is necessary to understand the larger context of the process, which should be reviewed in the Grant Establishment area of this website.
To establish a Project/Grant Budget, it is necessary to submit a "Grant Budget Establishment Packet", which includes all necessary forms and documentation for its establishment in BAIS FN. The packet consists of the following items:
- A completed Project/Grant Request Form reflecting the current and new budget amounts.
Project/Grant Request Form Instructions and a Project/Grant Request Form Example are provided for assistance in completing the form.
- Copy of document(s) sent to Grantor acknowledging and accepting award
- Copy of Grant Application which should include a detailed budget broken down by distinct chartfield combinations (This should match the amounts listed on the submitted Project/Grant Request Form (see '1' above)
- Copy of Grant Application Instructions/Guidelines
- Certified City Council Order (example)
- Grant Report Submission Schedule, outlining dates for submission of any reports required by grantor
- For Housing and Urban Development (HUD) grants:
- Letter of Credit: A line of credit to a grant recipient given at time of approval of application.
- Notice of Fund Accountability: A notice published in the Federal Register to announce competitive funding programs.
- Finding of exempt status: A document presenting the determination that a proposed project is exempt from or categorically excluded from environmental review pursuant to 24 CFR 53.34 or 24 CFR 53.35, respectively.