Decreasing a Project/Grant BudgetAt times it is necessary to decrease a grant budget. Generally, this is done for three reasons:
- The award is decreased by the Grantor.
- The award period has expired
- Carry Forward of funds from one year to the next
Note: In order to close a Project/Grant Budget (i.e., decrease its budget to $0), it is necessary to understand the larger context of the process, which should be reviewed in the forthcoming Grant Close Out area of this website.
- Submit a memo giving a brief explanation of why you are decreasing the budget
- Submit a completed Project/Grant Request Form reflecting the current and new budget amounts. Project/Grant Request Form Instructions and a Project/Grant Request Form Example are provided for assistance in completing the form
|If the Award has been amended by the Grantor...|
If you are carrying forward funds from this Project/Grant to another in the next year...
You must also supply: